Skip to content
- A note to remind you what you still need to take care of (e.g., get medical equipment; charge cell phones)
- Cell phone charger
- Crank or battery-powered radio, flashlights
- Extra batteries
- First aid kit (include acetaminophen or other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug NSAID, antibiotic cream and antacids) and manual.
- Prescription medications (month\’s supply recommended).
- Medicine should be clearly labeled and kept separate from other supplies. Always have one refill left on prescription medicine, especially for chronic conditions such as diabetes.
- Photocopies of prescriptions (pharmacy records may not be available right away)
- Credit card and cash
- Personal identification and current family identification photos
- Spare set of car keys
- Extra pair of eyeglasses or contact lenses
- Matches in a waterproof container
- Map of the area
- List of important phone numbers
- Special items for babies/young children/elderly.
- Three-day supply of water (one gallon per day per person)
- Toiletries (e.g., toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, hand sanitizer) and toilet paper
- Paper and pencils
- Masking or duct tape
- Water purification method (e.g., bleach or tablets)
- Plastic bucket with a tight lid
- Plastic garbage bags
- Non-electric can opener and utility knife (like a Swiss Army knife)
- Paper cups, plates, and plastic utensils
- Blankets or sleeping bags
- A change of clothing, rain gear, and sturdy shoes for each family member.
- In warm weather climates, you may also want to include sunscreen and insect repellant
- Disposable gloves
- Sensory toys or calming devices (e.g., weighted vests, chew toys, fidget toys, white noise or sound machines, blankets)
- Baby supplies such as diapers, formula, baby food, and wipes
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Ready-to-eat canned soup, canned meat, milk, fish, fruit and vegetables (three day supply, including pet food)
- Bread/crackers stored in waterproof bag or container
- Powdered or single serve drinks
- Cereal/granola bars
- Protein bars
- Packaged condiments
- A two-week supply of dry and canned food
- Water (1/2 gallon per day)
- Litter box supplies
- Traveling cage
More supplies are located in our SHOP! Join now to get access to everything GDI can provide you to prep for the unexpected.